When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Firefighters tackle blaze near Stockbridge
9:26am Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze near Stockbridge in the early hours of this morning.
The fire started in a tumble dryer in the utility room of a property in Salisbury Road, Broughton, at around 3.20am.
One appliance from Stockbridge and one from Romsey were at the scene for almost an hour-and-a-half and used four breathing apparatus, two hoses and one jet to extinguish the flames.
The two-storey wood-cladded building suffered smoke damage and some fire damage but no one was injured.