When news happens, text SDE and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Changes to Stagecoach timetables from April 2
8:00am Saturday 16th March 2013 in News
STAGECOACH is altering its bus schedules across Winchester to help improve punctuality.
From April 2, The Spring will increase frequency, running 15 minutes after 9am.
Morning and evening services on routes 1, 3 5 and the Spring have also been revised.
Operations Manager Tom Waterhouse said: “We continually monitor our services and review feedback from customers. These planned changes will help us to provide an improved service, particularly to address issues around punctuality.”
The changes are:
• Service 1, Stanmore-City Centre-Winnall: Improved timetable during peak periods, with additional journeys;
• Service 4, Highcliffe-City Centre-Teg Down: Withdrawal of some morning peak journeys due to low usage;
• The Spring, Springvale-Kings Worthy-City Centre: After 9am buses will run every 15 minutes with more time added to improve punctuality;
• Service 66 Romsey-Hursley-Winchester: Revised timetable during peak times;
• PS9 Swanmore-Bishop’s Waltham-Peter Symonds College: The morning journey will no longer serve Fair Oak. Passengers can use service 69 instead.
There will also be some revisions to the early morning and evening timetables on services 1, 3, 5 and The Spring to improve punctuality. Connections with trains to and from London Waterloo will be maintained.
New timetable leaflets are available from our travel shop at Winchester bus station, on buses or online at stagecoach.
Comments are closed on this article.